Amusing “Google Now” Voice Command Easter Eggs
Computer giant Apple made a lot of noise about its voice operated intelligent personal assistant software, Siri, when they launched it as a standard feature on the iPhone.
Soon Google came out with their own voice command software which they then integrated into their Google Now personal assistant.
Google being Google they inserted some ‘Easter Eggs‘ into the results of voice commands. For those not familiar with the concept of ‘Easter Eggs‘ they are hidden ‘in jokes‘ software writers, film directors, etc insert into their work.
If you have a smart phone or tablet computer with Google voice commands hit the microphone symbol and try saying some of the following.
- “Beam me up, Scotty” – [One for Star Trek fans]
- “Lions, and Tigers, and Bears” – [From The Wizard of Oz]
- “When does the narwhal bacon?”
- “Make me a sandwich” – [Try this more than once. I have had two different responses]
- “Do a barrel roll”
- “What does the fox say?” – [Do this one twice as there are different responses]
- “When am I?” – [Doctor Who reference in the reply]
- “Who are you?“
- “Who’s on first?” – [From an Abbott & Costello routine]
- “How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood”
- “Tea, Earl Grey, hot”
And my personal favourite.
- “Up up down down left right left right”
Do you know of any others? If you do please share them in the comments below.